This course is intended to provide delegates with the underpinning knowledge and skills to carry out basic track surveying techniques with regards to track condition and position.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding in the taking of and recording the following information:
– Cross Levels (Twist)
– Track gauge for Plain Line and S&C
– Clearances for bridges, tunnel and platforms
– Top and Line
- Be able to demonstrate the correct use of dimensional lasers
- Be able to complete accurately all relevant Company forms
- Be aware of the Network Rail Standards relating to Structure Gauging and Clearances
- Have an appreciation in the method of Marking Out of Chord Lengths
Three Days, inclusive of theoretical and on-site practical assessment.
There are no particular educational or competence pre-requisites for the course. However, the following factors are essential: –
- Prior knowledge of the permanent way track and its components
- Prior experience of working on the maintenance/renewal of both Plain Line and S&C
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line and therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of:-
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competency will be awarded to the delegate on successful completion of both theoretical and practical on-site assessments.