This course is intended to provide a delegate with the necessary knowledge in order to select, inspect and safely use the appropriate wheels to suit the job. The selection and control of the appropriate PPE is also included.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be aware of the relevant Regulations
- Have the ability to inspect machine for damage & suitability
- Ensure the correct selection of wheel to suit the job and machine
- Demonstrate an ability to inspect the wheel for faults before fitting to the machine
- Be able to correctly mount the wheels using tools supplied
- Be able to safely store wheels and equipment
- Demonstrate the safe use of PPE
- Demonstrate the safe use of assembled equipment
There are no particular educational or competence pre-requisites for the course. However delegates should be physically fit.
Personal Protective Equipment
The following PPE is required for the practical elements of the training courses.
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN 388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
The protective equipment must comply with current safety standards.
A Certificate of Training will be awarded to the delegate on completion of the course.