This course is intended to provide delegates with a full understanding of the mounting of Abrasive Wheels and the method of carrying out these duties in a safe and efficient manner.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Understand fully the responsibilities relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels and the use of grinding machines
- Understand the competent persons role within that system
- Be able to identify of the types of abrasive wheels and their purpose, by the marking system used
- Understand fully the safety requirements included in the Regulations
- Be aware of and avoid the dangers when using abrasive wheels
- Know how to safely check abrasive wheels and portable grinders prior to use and the action necessary with faulty equipment
- Know the operating precautions to be applied.
One day for full course.
Half a day for cutting / grinding discs (for portable grinders only)
Personal Protective Equipment
The following PPE is required for the practical elements of the training courses.
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Training will be awarded to the delegate upon successful completion of an underpinning theory assessment.