An Appreciation of Track Realignment by the “Hallade” Method
This course is intended to provide Line Managers, Supervisors and Technical Support Staff with an overview of track alignment schemes employing the “Hallade” method to understand the principles and parameters necessary to carry out schemes.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Have an understanding of the basic principles of the “Hallade” method
- Have an understanding of the principles of surveying by the “Hallade” method
- Be able to undertake a basic survey of curved track using chord lines and offsets
- Have an understanding of track geometry relating to track parameters, speed, curve, cant and gradient
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of curve analysis and realignment calculations and adjustments
- Be aware of Network Rail standards and Department of Transport requirements relating to track realignment schemes
- Be aware of the importance of the Standard Structure Gauge and Clearances in relation to curved track
- Good technical knowledge of maintenance and renewal of track.
- Basic skills in surveying and the use of mathematics in calculating.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line and therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of:-
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Training will be awarded to the delegate.
Note: This course does not replace the full “Hallade” course.