Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
There is an increasing need within all industry to assure the competence of staff, especially those who work in a safety critical environment. To demonstrate compliance with these requirements, both contractual and legal, the assessment should be conducted by qualified assessors who are able to use a range of assessment methods.
For practitioners who assess the demonstration of competence in both a work and training environment using the following assessment method:
• Examining work products
• Use of others (e.g. witnesses)
• Learner statements
• Assessments in simulated environments
• Skills tests
• Oral and written questioning and discussion
• Case studies
• Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
At the end of this course the delegates will be able to: –
• Plan the assessment of occupational competence
• Make assessment decisions about occupational competence
• Provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence
• Maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
This course involves a high degree of documentation review and candidates should be familiar with their own company procedures on Competence Management. Delegates must have access to two learners plus support from their own Quality Assurance Manager.
2 day plus two days follow up assessment.
Delegates will work towards Unit 301. 302 and 303 awarded by EAL.
Primary evidence for the learning outcomes and assessment criteria must come from the candidate assessor assessing two real learners on two occasions against standards/criteria that are approved by the organisation.
The unit covers seven assessment methods in total. The candidate assessor must show that they have covered a minimum of three of these assessment methods in their real practice.