There is an increasing need within all industry to assure the competence of staff, especially those who work in a safety critical environment. To demonstrate compliance with these requirements, both contractual and legal, assessment should be conducted by qualified assessors who are able to use a range of assessment methods.
A knowledge-only Award for those who are starting their journey as an assessor, or for those who need to know about assessment practice but who are not currently practicing e.g. a starting point for aspiring assessors or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel.
At the end of this course the delegates will be able to: –
• Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
• Understand different types of assessment method
• Understand how to plan assessment
• Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
• Understand how to make assessment decisions
• Understand own contribution to the quality assurance of assessment
• Understand how to manage information relating to assessment of occupational competence
• Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
This course involves a high degree of documentation review and candidates should be familiar with their own company procedures on Competence Management.
1 day plus one day follow up assessment.
Delegates will work towards Unit 301, awarded by EAL.
Evidence for this unit could take the form of:
• written statements or answers by the candidate assessor
• oral statements or answers by the candidate assessor
• discussions between the candidate assessor and their own assessor