This course is intended to provide staff who undertake the duties of Designated Person with the necessary skills and underpinning knowledge. These include attending and dealing with failed vehicles: –
• In a Depot
• On a Mainline
• In Sidings
• At a Station
- At the end of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Designated Person
- Have a clear understanding of the relevant Railway Group Standards and Rulebook GE/RT8000 Module “T-10” as well as local instructions
- Be able to read and interpret the Sectional Appendix and Hazard Directory
- Have a clear understanding of Group and Lone Designated Person requirements when attending and dealing with a failed vehicle
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise with the appropriate personnel when setting up a “Safe System of Work” for failed vehicles
Course Duration One Day, including the assessment process.
Pre-Requisites Delegates to have documentary evidence of previous rail experience and MUST be in possession of a valid P.T.S. card.
Personal Protective Equipment This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of:-
- Protective “all orange” high Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses BS. EN.166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
Certification This competency is valid for 2 years. A Network Rail certificate will be awarded to each successful candidate.