This course is intended to provide delegates with a full understanding of the Disc Cutter and the method of carrying out these duties in a safe and efficient manner.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Understand fully the responsibilities relating to the operation of disc cutters
- Understand the competent persons role within that system
- Be able to identify of the types of abrasive wheels to be used on a disc cutter
- Understand fully the safety requirements included in the Regulations
- Be aware of and avoid the dangers when using the disc cutter
- Know how to safely check the disc cutter prior to use and the action necessary with faulty equipment
- Know how to mount the abrasive wheel and undertake cutting with the saw
- Know the operating precautions to be applied.
Half a day for cutting / grinding discs (for portable disc cutters only)
Personal Protective Equipment
Is only required when attending the practical training courses.
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to the delegate upon successful completion of an underpinning knowledge theory assessment