This course is intended to provide delegates with the underpinning knowledge and skills necessary to undertake the duties of a Grinding Supervisory Manager.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be able to identify and carry out full survey, including assessment of site requirements prior to completing ‘short’ RCF hand grinding corrective action
- Be able to interpret both Track Inspection and Ultrasonic reports relating to RCF sites
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of track geometry
- Have a clear understanding of the relevant Network Rail Standards and Codes of Practice relating to RCF hand grinding
- Be able to identify and prepare reports for remedial maintenance work required prior to grinding rail head
- Have the competency to assess that the finished product meets the requirements of HG1
Two days plus one day assessment.
There are no particular educational pre-requisites for the course. However, the following is required: –
- Delegates must be instructed and deemed competent in Network Rail Standard NR/L2/TRK/0053 Inspection and Repair to Reduce the Risk of Derailment at Switches
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P.T.S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competency will be awarded to the delegate on successful completion of both an underpinning knowledge and practical on-site assessment.