Grinding Supervisory Manager – Recertification
This course is intended to re-affirm the responsibilities of the certificate holder, review the updates to the relevant Network Rail Standards and re-assess the competence to undertake the duties of a Grinding Supervisory Manager.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be are of all amendments and alterations to Network Rail Standards
- Re-affirm the competence to undertake the duties of the Grinding Supervisory Manager
One Day, inclusive of theoretical and practical assessment.
Delegates attending MUST hold valid:-
- NR/L2/TRK/0053 Inspection and Repair to Reduce the Risk of Derailment at Switches
- NR/L2/TRK/1054 Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Procedures for Cast, Welded and Fabricated Crossings in the Track
- NR/SP/TRK/056 Non-Ultrasonic Procedures
- Grinding Operative – Plain Line and Switch & Crossing
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P.T.S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competency will be awarded to the delegate on successful completion of the practical and written assessments.