Individual Working Alone – Initial
This course is intended to provide a delegate with the understanding to carry out the duties of an Individual Working Alone when deemed suitable by their Local Manager. This course also includes Personal Track Safety Re-certification.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the role and responsibility of an IWA
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of working on:
– Open Lines
– Blocked Lines
- Have a complete understanding of and be able to use:
– Hazard Directories
– Sectional Appendices
– Handbooks 6, 8 and 9
– Method Statements
– SSOW PLAN
- Be able to demonstrate setting up a Safe System of Work
- Be able to demonstrate the implementation of an Emergency Procedure resulting from an incident affecting the safety of the line and trains
Delegates MUST be in possession of:
- Valid P.T.S. Certificate
- Current P.T.S. Handbook and relevant Handbooks
Personal Protective Equipment
This course is classroom based and therefore no P.P.E. is required.
This competency is valid for two years. A Network Rail Sentinel card, will be awarded to each successful candidate.
Post course objectives and IWA Log Book will be issued to the delegate on completion of the course. Note: Any delegate who is required to work safely near or adjacent to DC conductor rails will have to attend the DC Conductor Rail course which is a separate standalone module.