Introduction to Permanent Way
This course is intended to provide a delegate with a basic understanding of the Permanent Way Infrastructure.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Have a basic understanding of track construction and geometry
- Have a basic understanding of Network Rail’s controlled Infrastructure relating to structures and buildings
- Have a basic understanding of the renewal and maintenance of Plain Line and Switch & Crossings
- Have an introduction to Network Rail company standards
- Be aware of the need for structure gauging and clearances
- Be aware of track defects and the remedies
- Be aware of the requirements of off-track work
There are no educational or competence pre-requisites for the course.
Personal Protective Equipment
P.P.E. is not required for this course.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to the delegate on completion of the course.