This course is intended to provide the delegate with a re-assessment in their understanding of the duties of a Level Crossing Attendant.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be fully conversant with the duties of a Level Crossing Attendant in accordance with Handbook 18
One day, inclusive of both theoretical and practical assessments.
Delegates must be in possession of:
- A valid Sentinel track safety card endorsed P.T.S., I.W.A./C.O.S.S and LXA.
- A current Handbook 18
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line and therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of:
- A Valid P.T.S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
This competency is valid for two years. A Network Rail Sentinel card, will be awarded to each successful candidate.