This course is intended to provide a delegate with the understanding to carry out the duties of a Lookout/Site Warden.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the duties of a Lookout/Site Warden
- Have an understanding of the duties of a Controller of Site Safety
- Be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of all relevant safety procedures relating to the duties of a Lookout/Site Warden
- Be able to demonstrate a understanding of the requirements of personal safety when working on or near the line
- Be able to identify all relevant equipment carried by Lookout/Site Warden
- Be able to demonstrate the implementation of an Emergency Procedure resulting from an incident affecting the safety of the line and trains
- Be able to demonstrate the duties of a site, intermediate and distant Lookout
- Be able to demonstrate the duties of a Site Warden
One Day, including assessment.
Delegates MUST be in possession of: –
- Registered on Sentinel
- Valid P. T. S. certificate
- Current Handbook
Personal Protective Equipment
This course is classroom based and therefore no P.P.E. is required.
This competency is valid for two years. A Network Rail Sentinel card, will be awarded to each successful candidate.
Post course objectives and Lookout/Sitewarden Log Book will be issued to the delegate on completion of the course.