This course is intended to provide delegates with a full understanding of the Petrol Impact Wrench and the method of carrying out these duties in a safe and efficient manner.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Understand fully the responsibilities relating to the operation of Petrol Impact Wrenches
- Understand the competent persons role within that system
- Be able to identify when to use the different torque settings are to be used, and the use of the auger attachment
- Understand fully the safety requirements included in the Regulations
- Be aware of and avoid the dangers when using the impact wrench
- Know how to safely check the impact wrench prior to use and the action necessary with faulty equipment
- Know the operating precautions to be applied
Half a day for impact and auguring operation.
Delegates MUST be in possession of:
- Valid P.T.S. Card
- Valid Alcohol& Drugs Certificate (copy will be accepted providing it is signed by sponsor)
- Rule Book
Experience of working within the railway infrastructure would be a distinct advantage.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to the delegate upon successful completion of an underpinning knowledge theory assessment and practical site assessment.