This course is intended to provide delegates with a full understanding of the Rail Drill and the method of carrying out these duties in a safe and efficient manner.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Understand fully the responsibilities relating to the operation of Rail Drill
- Understand the competent persons role within that system
- Be able to identify the different rail gauges and hole cutters
- Understand fully the safety requirements included in the Regulations
- Be aware of and avoid the dangers when using the Rail Drill
- Know how to safely check the Rail Drill prior to use and the action necessary with faulty equipment
- Know the operating precautions to be applied and on whose authority it can be rail mounted
Half a day for practical application of hole cutting.
Delegates will require to hold a valid P.T.S. Certificate.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P. T. S. Certificate
- Protective High Visibility Clothing
- Safety Footwear
- Protective Head wear
- Hard Hat
- Ear Protection
The protective equipment must comply with current safety standards.
A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to the delegate upon successful completion of an underpinning knowledge theory assessment.