Raising and Removing Speed Restrictions Following Civil Engineering Work – “Trackback” – Re-certification
This re-certification course is intended for delegate’s who have not completed their annual assessments, changes companies or whose competence certificate has expired.
At the end of this assessment the delegates will: –
- Have demonstrated by written assessment an underpinning knowledge of the requirements of Raising and Removing Temporary Speed Restrictions
- Be able to demonstrate the practical skills associated with the Raising and Removing Temporary Speed Restrictions
- Be able to complete current Track Engineering Forms
Two days, consisting of both training and theoretical and practical assessments.
Delegates should have previously held the competency and have an in-depth knowledge and experience of the Permanent Way, in particular Track Geometry.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to the delegate on successful completion of both theoretical and practical assessments.