Raising and Removing Speed Restrictions Following Civil Engineering Work – “Trackback”
This course is intended to provide the delegate with the skills and knowledge to undertake the requirements in examination of the track infrastructure prior to the Raising or Removing of Speed Restrictions.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be re-appraised of the requirements for Raising and Removing Temporary Speed Restrictions
- Be aware of current standards and specifications
- Be able to identify safety critical and non-critical track defects
- Have the ability to carry out a practical assessment of track geometry, stability and physical characteristics
Five days in total, consisting of:-
Three days training
Two days theoretical and practical assessments
Delegates should have an in-depth knowledge and experience in the Permanent Way and in particular Track Geometry.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to the delegate on successful completion of both an underpinning knowledge and practical on-site assessment.