To provide full understanding of the principles governing the implementation of safe systems of work on Network Rail Controlled Infrastructure. Know where to gather the necessary information and possess the ability to determine the appropriate safe system for undertaking a wide range of activities on site.
At the end of this course the delegates will have:
- a comprehensive understanding of the rule book requirements applicable to work
- a comprehensive understanding of the NR/SP/OHS/019 requirements for work
- an appreciation of the role of an IWA, COSS & PC
- an understanding of how to use and extract information from a diverse range of reference sources
- an ability to plan a diverse range of tasks under progressively more complex scenarios to draw out and fully embed learning experiences Assessment Theory assessment exam for Stage 2 competence.
Three days including assessment.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and should have good communication skills
Successfully completed COSS or IWA competence.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course is classroom based and therefore no PPE is required.
Sentinel card issued for five years but card holders must demonstrate continued competence by annual review.
A Network Rail Sentinel card, will be awarded to each successful candidate.