To provide continued competence and updates on the process and skills to complete bespoke and appropriate safe systems of work for staff required to work on or about the Network Rail Controlled Infrastructure.
At the end of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the process for planning Safe Systems of Work in accordance with NR/L2/OHS/019, Safety of People Working On or Near the Line.
- Access and extract information from various sources and using that information in the production of Safe Systems of Work Plans for use by staff required to work safely on or about the Network Rail Controlled.
- Have a good understanding of key Rule Book modules and Handbooks associated with planning and implementing Safe Systems of Work.
The candidate MUST:
- Be a minimum age of 18 years
- Have a good understanding of the English language and literacy levels
- Hold a current SSOW Planner competence.
- Be able to provide evidence of workplace experience i.e. logbook
This competency is valid for 2 years.
A Network Rail Sentinel Track Safety card will be awarded to each successful candidate. Note: Any delegate who is required to work safely near or adjacent to DC conductor rails will have to attend the DC Conductor Rail course which is a separate standalone module.