Stressing of Continuous Welded Rail – Level 1
This course is intended to provide a delegate with the underpinning knowledge to be able to restore a stress.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be able to understand the reason for Stressing
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Track Terminology relating to Stressing
- Be able to supervise the removal/repair of Rail Defects
- Understand the correct installation of insulated Rail Joints within C. W. R.
- Be able to accurately calculate the Stress requirements including Pull Force, Pressure Reading and Original Stress Free Temperature
- Be able to understand a Restoration of Stress Certificate
One day, inclusive of theory assessment
Delegates attending this course should be capable of using a calculator and working out simple formulae. Prior basic knowledge of the Permanent Way and its components is essential
Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment is not required on this course
A Certificate of Technical Competency Level 1 and a Network Rail Statement of Achievementwill be awarded upon successful completion of an underpinning knowledge assessment.
All successful delegates MUST complete a period of mentoring in the workplace under the guidance of a suitably qualified person as specified by Network Rail’s Restoration of Stress – Level 1 Mentoring Sheet.