Stressing of Continuous Welded Rail – Level 3
This course is designed to expand the knowledge and skills of existing holders of Level 2 Competency Certification, to enable delegates to undertake the Stressing of all types of suitable S&C
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Be able to undertake a preliminary Site Survey
- Have a clear understanding of pulling Parameter Limitations
- Have clear understanding of the correct siting of Adjustment Switches
- Be able to demonstrate an underpinning knowledge of the General Stressing Procedure relating to S&C
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the Components and their replacement within S&C
- Be able to determine the Causes and Rectification Method for Stressing faults within S&C
One day, inclusive of theory assessment
Delegates attending this course must be holders of a valid Level 1 and 2 Certificate of Competence and have a comprehensive knowledge of S&C Construction.
Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment is not required on this course
A Certificate of Technical Competency Level 3 and a Network Rail Statement of Achievement will be awarded upon successful completion of an underpinning knowledge assessment.
All successful delegates MUST complete a period of mentoring in the workplace under the guidance of a suitably qualified person as specified by Network Rail’s Restoration of Stress – Level 3 Mentoring Sheet.