Structure Gauging and Clearances
This course is designed to provide an awareness and understanding of the importance of clearances related to track, trains and infrastructure.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Have a clear understanding of Structure Gauging and Clearances and the related legislation
- Have a clear understanding of methods of recording, storing, using, checking and updating of data
- Be able to demonstrate an under-pinning knowledge of the procedure for platform and structure gauging surveys
- Be able to make use of the survey data in the assessment of clearances
Two days, including some exercises and on site survey work.
Delegates attending the course should have some technical knowledge of permanent way and associated railway infrastructure and a general awareness of railway operation.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line and therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of:-
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility Clothing to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
A Certificate of Training will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
- H.S.E. Railway Safety Principles and Guidance Part 2 – Section A – Guidance on the Infrastructure.
- Network Rail Line Standard NR/SP/TRK/036.